Most people celebrate Thanksgiving by gathering at home with family or friends for a holiday feast.
Thanksgiving Food – What to eat with your Turkey
While the most famous Thanksgiving food item is 🦃 turkey, there are other food items which are always present at the dinner table when this holiday comes around:
- Cranberry sauce: It is sweet and tangy in flavour.
- Dinner rolls: these are the classic bread item for Thanksgiving.
- Steamed vegetables: usually there is a range of vegetables available, such as carrots, peas, green beans, lima beans, and zucchini.
- Corn on the cob. Often steamed as well, this dish dates back to the original Thanksgiving between the English settlers in Massachusetts and the Native Americans of the land.
- Apple pie. Apple pie is often served with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream.
- Pumpkin pie. it is traditional to use all the excess pumpkins to make pies. Also, the seeds which are extracted are often baked and seasoned, making for a nice snack food.
- Baked potatoes. It is often served with butter, sour cream, chives, bacon bits, cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Salad. A mixed salad of Vegetables – lettuce, cabbage, carrots, tomatoes, green peppers, and corn.